To be a great teacher one must be reflective, improving on past practices each and every day!
I started this site because:
- I needed a place to capture things I love about teaching.
- I needed a place to record my reflections and discoveries on my journey as an educator.
- I needed a place to highlight my achievements because sometimes I forget how much I have done.
- I wanted to share these ideas with everyone because knowledge is power!
As I learn more I add more…
- There are no “bad” students, just students. To be more than a student they need great teachers.
- Science serves a purpose in the real world. Children should learn how to make decisions and think critically about the world they live in so they can be contributing members of society as adults.
- I try to never to teach anything the same way twice.